Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

time-out

17 May 2008 :

Before I forget I need to document this.....almost a month or so before N turned two, he got his first timeout....it was dinner time and after a few spoons N started playing with the food in his plate and kept at it inspite of me telling him not to....it was the last straw when he hurled food at me so just on an impulse I took him to one corner of the living room, made him sit on a stool with his face towards the wall and told him that I'm giving him time-out for his bad behavior and although he kept wailing I didn't let him get down till about 2 minutes passed.He got back to his seat,stopped crying and finished his food.....that's the story of his first timeout.....before this I would always wonder when we'd need to start timeouts...apparently the moment when "time-outs" begin is literally just that, a moment.

The other day K kept pulling N's leg for quite a while and N said "Deta timeout" and made him sit in his timeout stool!

No comments: