Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

34 months

1 February 2009 :

Why do I feel that the past year flew at supersonic speed? I'm having a hard time recalling all of N's little feats and achievements over the last couple of months!
I've been contemplating saying goodbye to this blog for a while now....a part of me feels that the charm of the "baby"( N is a full fledged pre-schooler now!!) blog is wearing off and maybe I should start a new blog just about life in general...what do you readers think? give me your inputs and comments please!(you can also e-mail me at jhumurb@gmail.com)

In other news....N is 34 months old now.....and officially fully potty trained....he's been for the last 6 months actually but since last week he's been going pee pee all by himself (as in he says Mama pee pee, goes to the loo, removes his pants and undies and goes pee pee, flushes,washes his hands and then puts back his clothes on....all by himself!).For poo poo I help him sit on the toilet seat and he calls me when it's time to clean up.... I still make him wear a diaper at night and when we go for long trips, he doesn't like it but I hate accidents, so....
Oh and another thing which I almost forgot to mention...N has been learning how to fold clothes at his orinichib and the other day he gave K and me a demo.....super cute....will post the video later!
Lil' Superman taking a stock of all his cars and toys....."Where's lightning mcqueen mama?" The other day I discarded one of his old remote control cars coz it had a sharp edge and all hell broke loose after he got back from school! He wanted that same remote car right then! Whew!My life is crazy these days......but I must add that of late he listens when mama/deta explain to him why he cannot buy a new toy everytime he goes to the mall.....

enjoying our takkalbi (a korean stir fried chicken dish).....food was on my mind all thro this last India trip and all I did was eat all the Indian food that I miss here in korea!and needless too say I piled on a few extra pounds,what with all the delisssh Indian food everybody kept feeding us!.....

obsessed with superman!(and batman,spiderman,etc etc....)....don't miss the towel!I have a few videos of him "fighting" with Sunil (uncle!) which I intend to post later......



trying his hand at bowling

watching the other guys bowl, with Shrabani (N called up Shrabani the other day after he got back from school,I dialled the no. and he's like come to our place,come to our place,he must've been real bored with just mama around and dad was still at work....so...)

"When can I play here again?"

this is after the snow melted....not as cold as the time when it snowed heavily(just about a week ago it was way tooo cold, even as low as minus 15 degrees celsius.....I don't mind it tho',getting used to it!)

N's become totally fluent in assamese....he speaks and comprehends korean too and a little bit of english... the kid just has way too many questions in his head which is a good thing but it drives me nuts sometimes( me being a person of few words!!)
"Who do I kill today??" 
(I am not in favour of such violence but I'm helpless here.....all the kids around here play with these plastic guns!What is the world coming to?!!)



Poor lil exhausted kid(after an endless bout of energetic play)!This is the second time in N's lifetime that he's dozed off while eating lunch!! Otherwise he resists sleep most of the time!
In pre-school (orinichib) news, N was reluctant to go back the first 2 days after we got back from India but now he looks forward to school with enthusiasm!
He misses India a lot,right after we got back he'd keep asking is this really our house? when are koka,aita,anai,putha,mahi,maha coming here?!!

Phew!Is it 34 months already?!!
Life with N has been a fun rollercoaster ride and i'm sure it'll continue to be so forever.....

Happy 34 months!
Muah....



2 comments:

sahil said...

hi jhumur..this is kapil from delhi.
bee bitten by the blogging bug myself..though am very new at it..but i must say u r very right about changing ur blog entries from niyor to something or some events v can discuss with world..
u n i are in such diverse culture countries now..that v cud fill pages just picking up events from our daily lives..lets hope u are not as boring while blgging..as u r while talking..do stay in touch..at my yahoo i.d. kgnj_sahil@yahoo.com

Jhumur Buragohain said...

hey kapil! good to c u here!
email me pics of u,jagrat,aarti....
maitreyee